POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightning in movies : Re: Lightning in movies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 08:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning in movies
From: Doctor John
Date: 6 Sep 2008 06:46:41
Message: <48c25f91$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> You keep forgetting that "the movies" is not real life.

It seems to me that Warp sometimes confuses the fuzzy imprecision of
human-human interaction with the required precision of computational maths.
> Do you ever go to live theatre where the art of story telling has even more
> constraints? If you did then you would understand that sometimes the technical
> problems lead to compromise. What is the point of having a role of thunder when
> people are speaking? The audience would not be able to hear the words. Should a
> film of a 24 hour storyline last a day?

Didn't Andy Warhol produce a film that did just that? I suppose I could
Google it but I'm sure someone else will do it for me :-)

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei