POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightning in movies : Re: Lightning in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning in movies
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 6 Sep 2008 01:20:16
Message: <48c21310$1@news.povray.org>
> Dunno how much there was space between us and that flash, but one hit
> pretty near (now that I think of it, I think it was less than 100m - I
> can't be sure, 'cause it was "a bit" shocking) and was practically in
> sync. That was LOUD. It felt like it kicked my stomach around with just
> that noise.

	Similar story here - not as close as Darren was, I'm sure. I have no
idea how far away it was, but I did not perceive any delay. I was
walking on the sidewalk while it was raining heavily, and two people
were doing likewise on the other side of the street.

	The thunder was so loud that all three of us fell to the ground.

--
Two robins were sitting in a tree. `I'm really hungry`, said the first
one. `Me, too` said the second. `Let's fly down and find some lunch.`

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl