POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux & drivers : Re: Linux & drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux & drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Sep 2008 12:14:29
Message: <48c15ae5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Another question is whether the Windows usage license allows you to do
> that...

According to the BartPE page...

"""
Also, according to the Microsoft EULA for Windows XP/2003, a user may
not simultaneously use more installations of these operating systems
than the user has license(s) for.
"""

I.e., if you only run BartPE on machines for which you have a Windows
license already, you shouldn't be violating the license. I'm not a
lawyer, so I really couldn't say more than that.

Obviously, if you make a BartPE disk and boot it on half a dozen
machines which you bought with Linux preinstalled, you're likely
violating the license.

>   Commerciality also makes it difficult to distribute projects like this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikarunix

No doubt. (And yes, that's a pretty silly project. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)