POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux & drivers : Re: Linux & drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux & drivers
From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2008 20:53:14
Message: <48c082fa@news.povray.org>
> Yeah. And live CDs are certainly easier to find for Linux than Windows.

  Does Windows support creating so-called live CDs at all (maybe through
extensive hacking)? I know you can create recovery boot disks from Windows,
but if I'm not completely mistaken, those just basically create a DOS disk
with some text-based utilities. You *could* call that a "live CD", but
not really, IMO.

  Of course even if Windows had full support, there's always the pesky
limiation that it's commercial software which is illegal to distribute
without permission. There really are certain situations where free
software does have its advantages.

--
                                                          - Warp