POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux & drivers : Re: Linux & drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux & drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Sep 2008 16:47:12
Message: <48c04950$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> I know how to use it and get to it easier than thru the XP recovery
> console.

Diskpart runs for me from the XP command line. Oh, I see what you mean.
You had nothing at all on the machine. OK.

> I actually tried to get to it, but was prompted for an XP installation
> to recover before I got to a prompt that I could use.

Yeah, I can see where that would slow you down. :-) BartPE is a good
cure if you do that sort of thing regularly.

> I figured that at that point I would rather learn how to get Linux
> running on my machine because I plan on messing around with it later.

Yeah. And live CDs are certainly easier to find for Linux than Windows.

I just thought there might have been functionality missing or something
that I didn't know about in fdisk.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)