POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coolest thing EVER! : Re: Coolest thing EVER! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coolest thing EVER!
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Sep 2008 15:27:59
Message: <48c036bf$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> I disagree, since the situation has been what Andrew mentioned for at
> least a year.

Yeah, cause like nothing has changed in the last year, since they
modified Xen to run other operating systems.

It was kind of funny. When I read about Xen, I had the same sort of
feeling as when I saw the first Macintosh.

Me: "Wow, cool. You can have multiple windows open at the same time!"
Salesman: "Yep!"
Me: "So how many programs can it run at once."
Salesman: "Oh, just one. But with multiple windows!"

Me: "Wow, cool. You can run multiple operating systems at the same time!"
Me, 10 minutes later: "Oh, as long as they're all Linux."

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)