POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Sep 2008 15:22:50
Message: <48c0358a@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> I take it you've checked the logs (message log and S.M.A.R.T. -log) to
> see, if there would've been any indication of why the disk has been
> dropped.

Yeah. I don't remember what it said, but it was uninformative. Not a
SMART error. Just some controller sync something or other. It could even
be the power in the buildings. Lots of our servers, due to the nature of
the service, are in private buildings not really designed for such.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)