POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 4 Sep 2008 15:04:12
Message: <48c0312c$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> I have to assume you have experience to show/tell us?
>
> Yes. I have about 30 machines in production, all running Linux software
> RAID.  About once a month, one of the machines loses a drive which comes
> back just fine by me telling Linux to take it out of the raid and then
> put it back in again.  All new drives.

Intresting. At work we have 127 machines with SW-RAID-1 (running SuSE
7.3, IIRC kernel 2.4.31) and if any of them drops a disk, there surely
are errors on that disk.

I take it you've checked the logs (message log and S.M.A.R.T. -log) to
see, if there would've been any indication of why the disk has been dropped.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net