POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux & drivers : Linux & drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Linux & drivers
From: Tom Austin
Date: 4 Sep 2008 10:07:42
Message: <48bfebae$1@news.povray.org>
While building my new PC I ran into an interesting problem trying to
boot a live Linux CD - at least all of the ones I tried.

Many motherboards are using the Marvell IDE controller - which is
currently not supported by most Linux distributions.

So while it starts booting fine, when it hands off to the kernel
everything comes to a screeching halt because it cannot find the CD.

I found pendrivelinux.com that helped me with w very quick boot from USB
solution.

Funny enough, it was the Knoppix screen shot that Andrew posted that I
had been seeing for the past few days.

And all I wanted - fdisk

<sigh>

Tom