POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Sep 2008 14:05:15
Message: <48bed1db$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

>> Because the LTO system we have at work involves the tapes being put in
>> a fire resistant safe in a remote location. ;-) Obviously, a home user
>> with an external HD isn't going to do this.
>>

> Why not?
>
> I make a second copy of my backups (admittidly DVD) every couple of
> months and leave it in my parent's fire-proof safe.
> I figure if my machine crashes, my local backups are destroyed and their
> house (55km away) is destroyed at the same time, there are probably lots
> bigger problems to worry about....

Gail Shaw, that is without question the most robust backup plan I've
ever heard anybody actually use IRL. Even the global corporation I work
for doesn't go that far. (Our stuff is "off site", but not that many
miles away.)

I guess there's an exception to every rule.... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/