POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Gail
Date: 3 Sep 2008 11:46:53
Message: <48beb16d@news.povray.org>
news:48bea76f$1@news.povray.org...

> Because the LTO system we have at work involves the tapes being put in a
> fire resistant safe in a remote location. ;-) Obviously, a home user with
> an external HD isn't going to do this.

Why not?

I make a second copy of my backups (admittidly DVD) every couple of months
and leave it in my parent's fire-proof safe.
I figure if my machine crashes, my local backups are destroyed and their
house (55km away) is destroyed at the same time, there are probably lots
bigger problems to worry about....