POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coolest thing EVER! : Re: Coolest thing EVER! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coolest thing EVER!
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 3 Sep 2008 11:42:58
Message: <48beb082$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> As far as I understand it, an OS running under Xen has to know it's
> running under Xen, doesn't it?  It's actually quite a large leap from
> "we can run multiple OSes" to "we can run multiple OSes that don't have
> to cooperate with the hypervisor".

That's the difference, what hardware virtualization support (might be
that also Xen 3.xx is demanded, as Jim said - dunno, 3.xx has been
around for long enough for me to gotten started with it) does for Xen.
Without such, the OS needs to know it's running under Xen, but if you
have it, you can run unmodified guest OS's also.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net