POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightning in movies : Re: Lightning in movies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning in movies
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 2 Sep 2008 18:27:42
Message: <48bdbdde$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> Aww man, I loved Primer.  Sorry to hear that you didn't like it.
>
> I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. I found it incomprehensible, in
> the true meaning of the word.  Not "too inconsistent to understand" or
> "illogical". Just ... I couldn't understand what they were saying half
> the time, or where half the characters went, or what the whole voiceover
> was about, or etc.

I agree entirely with this, but in my case this is one of the reasons
that I enjoyed it.  I get the feeling that there really is a consistent
interpretation of everything, and the movie in some ways is sort of an
intellectual puzzle to figure it out (I certainly had a better feel for
things after the second watching than after the first).

Anyway, if you're interested enough, it looks like someone has already
gone through the trouble of drawing a timeline flowchart to explain what
happened:

http://neuwanstein.fw.hu/primer_timeline.html

So simple!