POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lightning in movies : Re: Lightning in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning in movies
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Sep 2008 17:22:22
Message: <48bdae8e$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Aww man, I loved Primer.  Sorry to hear that you didn't like it.

I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. I found it incomprehensible, in
the true meaning of the word.  Not "too inconsistent to understand" or
"illogical". Just ... I couldn't understand what they were saying half
the time, or where half the characters went, or what the whole voiceover
was about, or etc. Maybe I need to watch the second part a couple more
times, but if I literally can't understand what the characters are
saying or where in the story they are, it's kind of too tedious to be
fun.  It would probably make more sense as a book. :-)

I mean, the whole thing with the shotgun and the bearded guy and
stuff...[1] when the hell was *that* resolved? The whole pivotal point
that explains the second half of the movie kind of happens in the
background where you don't see it, and all you get is the main
characters mumbling about what's going on, and assuming you know who it
is they're talking about, because *they* recognized the guy when they
walked past, even if the audience doesn't.

(That, and the first half was really slow, too. I mean, the first 20
minutes are about the project that is irrelevant to the rest of the
story, with a couple of guys you don't even see after the first 30 minutes.)

[1] Trying to avoid any spoilers there...

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)