POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coolest thing EVER! : Re: Coolest thing EVER! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coolest thing EVER!
From: scott
Date: 2 Sep 2008 03:39:18
Message: <48bceda6$1@news.povray.org>
> 1. Go to http://www1.interq.or.jp/t-takeda/top.html
>
> 2. Download the zip file at the top of that page.
>
> 3. Unzip it somewhere.
>
> 4. Find an ISO image for a Linux LiveCD.
>
> 5. Do the following:
>
>   qemu.exe -cdrom My_LiveCD.iso
>
> 6. Watch it boot up.

qemu doesn't work for me, it crashes out with a "this program has gone
wrong" windows error box.  The console says "cannot find kqemu" or
something, so I downloaded and installed that but it still crashes out.  I
even tried XP compatibility mode etc but nope.  This is on Vista 64bit.
Shame, because my XP machine is at least 5x slower...