POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Gail
Date: 1 Sep 2008 15:58:51
Message: <48bc497b@news.povray.org>
news:48bc446f$1@news.povray.org...

> ...OK, well VM drive images is going to eat that up pretty fast. ;-)

The VMs aren't too bad. I don't have too many and I use a differencing drive
method of creating them The os and common apps only exists in one virtual
drive, but can be used by multiple VMs. When I install something into one of
the VMs, all that gets stored is the differences from the base image.

> Podcasts and webcasts are (AFAIK) designed to be small so they download
> fast.

I've got everything from 10 min interviews up to 2 hour conference sessions.
Got a couple of GB in total. More on DVD.

>> Windows Sharepoint (pending reinstallation)
>
> OOC, what does that actually *do*?

It's a glorified web portal with a million addons. There's a lot of demand
for it at the moment in SA, so it's mainly there so I can get some feel for
how it works.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/sharepoint/bb684453.aspx