POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Sep 2008 08:41:32
Message: <48bbe2fc$1@news.povray.org>
Hildur K. wrote:

> Early on (after my first HD crash which

> each on a single physical drive, which means I use the primary partition (C)
> for the OS, drivers and programs, and the other partitions (D,E,F) for all work
> and data (NEVER saving to "MyDocuments" or "Desktop"). The hard drives are much

> In the (very likely) case my OS eventually crashes, I can reinstall or upgrade
> without touching the other partitions so there is no loss of data.

I do this.

I mean, *now* I have multiple seperate physical HDs so it's kind of
unavoidable having seperate logical volumes. But I did it back when I
only had one drive too. Makes reinstalling the OS that much easier
without losing work. (If anything on my PC could be considered "work".)

I also have a big folder containing the installers for every program
I've ever downloaded, so I can reinstall them all quickly without having
to redownload them. (OTOH, I typically end up downloading a newer
version anyway, so I'm not sure who I'm kidding...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/