POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coolest thing EVER! : Re: Coolest thing EVER! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coolest thing EVER!
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Sep 2008 05:03:06
Message: <48bbafca$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

>> ebuyer have a 8GB USB stick for 14.09 inc VAT.  You could buy a couple
>> of them, one for the OS/programs, and another one for data files etc.
>
> Or get this beast:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140327
>
> (I didn't even realise you could get 32GB USB sticks now!)

I was looking at all this myself just last night. ;-)

There seems to be a rather big jump from 8GB to 32GB with nothing in the
middle. Hmm. (And yeah, *I* didn't know they'd got that big now either.
Last time I looked, 4GB was about the best that money could buy.)

But anyway, the 8GB stick certainly seems like a very reasonably
proposition, and I am seriously considering such a thing. ;-)

As an aside, my current USB stick (which I always take everywhere with

the postage was vastly more than the actual drive! Best of all: it's
shiny. (You can actually see your reflection in it.) The cap is actually

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/