POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dell go to hell : Re: Dell go to hell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dell go to hell
From: Warp
Date: 31 Aug 2008 13:38:02
Message: <48bad6fa@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > of a nuisance, isn't it? They seem to think that if someone actually does
> > something to enforce his legal rights to not to receive unsolicited junk
> > mail, he is being a prick.

>         Until I read this, I didn't know one had legal rights to prevent such
> mailings...

  Once again, when we talk about what's "legal" and not, we should immediately
take into account the country we are speaking about.

  In many countries (like here) individuals have the right to demand
companies to remove their personal information from their databases so
that they will not send junk nor make any calls anymore.

> >   IMO companies should be put in their places. Invading people's privacy,
> > no matter how lightly, without their consent is never acceptable.

>         I fail to see how this is an invasion of privacy.

  If you started every day putting some dog droppings into your neighbour's
mailbox, I'm pretty sure you would be stopped sooner than later, by legal
means. I don't know if the technical legal term has the word "privacy" in
it, but that's not really relevant.

--
                                                          - Warp