POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linux Beta 28 segfaults on Slackware and Kubuntu : Re: Linux Beta 28 segfaults on Slackware and Kubuntu Server Time
2 May 2024 12:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux Beta 28 segfaults on Slackware and Kubuntu
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Aug 2008 16:55:07
Message: <48b8622b@news.povray.org>
Le Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:08:43 -0400, Le Forgeron a modifié des petits
morceaux de l'univers pour nous faire lire :

> Now, if I could find where in the source is that call to clone() (which
> might be via some macro & include from other libraries, might be boost
> too), it might be worth trying to clone via pthread_create instead when
> on Linux.

Serving it myself: B*S*.

Even with boost forced on pthread (BOOST_THREAD_POSIX defined to avoid
any ambiguity if both thread model are available (that's a comment in
Boost includes), it still crash with 28)

Now for the good news: the 25b does not crash on my linux... for
m_textures.ini; (whereas it really crashing everytime with 28, but not
always at the same frame... just lucky on 25b ?)

Just a shame we do not have the intermediate 26/27 for linux to limit the
investigation. 361 diffs is a bit a lot to compile when adding them one
at a time. (hoping its a single change).

If anybody get a clue, please share...