POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doxygen is great... : Re: Doxygen is great... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doxygen is great...
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Aug 2008 22:06:24
Message: <48b759a0@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> ....particularly the auto-generated graphs. We can see in a *graphic* way
>> what a complete mess the code is!
>
> In my gut reaction, any diagram that has "shared memory" in the same
> layout as "project" is broken. :-)

Ah yes. Science apps and the core client communicate using shared memory.
They have a bunch of code to queue messages on the shared memory block.

Request-response communication over shared memory? Wouldn't *pipes* do the
job perfectly?!

(Not to mention those requests and responses are in *XML*. And that there
isn't any real XML parser involved, it's XML parsed with strstr().)