POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* : New heights Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  New heights
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Aug 2008 10:17:07
Message: <48b6b363$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

> People who have no clue about computers and know it are a lot wiser with
> computers than people who have no clue but don't know it. Last group
> tries to fix everything themselves, while only doing things worse.

I have just got back to my desk after another support call from one of
our lab staff.

I've seen many things - people who accidentally removed the taskbar,
deleted a print queue, stuff like that. But even today, after working
here for 5 years, users are still finding new ways to surprise me.

This user called me over because she has somehow rotated the display on

Somehow, she did it.

Quoting Einstein: "There are only two things that are infinite - the
universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not even completely sure about
the first one..."

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/