POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* : Re: Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Updates... *sigh*
From: Michael Zier
Date: 28 Aug 2008 08:21:18
Message: <48b6983e$1@news.povray.org>

> I think somebody needs to sit down and write an OS which *is* designed
> for people's dads to use.

IMHO, I'd say that the key obstacle would be the vast diversity of
hardware you can find on people's dads computers. All the different
possibilities drivers may or may not co-operate, not supported hardware,
etc.
And yes, I have your favourite Amiga in mind, when I say that.

(And yes, I own one too, but not your kind of fancy A1200 with HDD and
whatnot. I'm prowd owner of an A500, Kickstart version 1.2, 512kB chip
and 512kb fast ram, OCS and no HDD but additional external floppy drive!
Youngsters...)