POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New phone : Re: New phone Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New phone
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 27 Aug 2008 17:08:47
Message: <48b5c25f@news.povray.org>
> Of course, the minutes expire if you don't use them fast enough, so there
> is some minimum level you have to pay on that too, at least in the USA.

AT&T (previously Cingular) offers pre-paid phones with rollover
and 90 days. The lowest value card to renew the service is $15.
The call rates are 50 cents a minute, + $1 a day use.
If you don't use the phone much, and renew it before the end of
service to keep your rollover, this ends up being a good deal (~$5 month).
It's probably not the best if you use it more often.

My brother is considering dropping Verizon, they have poor
coverage in Sitka, AK. He can't get on-line at all, and the
voice calls cut out.