POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV64 Driving me nuts! : Re: POV64 Driving me nuts! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV64 Driving me nuts!
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 27 Aug 2008 16:02:22
Message: <48b5b2ce$1@news.povray.org>
With Windows Vista, POV shouldn't be installed into the
"program files" directory, it will prevent user editing of
the POV .ini files, Vista considers all .ini files in the
"program files" directory to be system files.

Unfortunately the "program files" directory was the
default install location for POV with Windows XP,
and this change in MS policy toward .ini file extentions
means that applications like POV that use the .ini
extention for thier own editable files don't work correctly
when installed to the default location under Vista.

Other settings are stored in the registry, which is what
you enabled (I think), so your install is probably still
only partially working.  You might need to uninstall
and reinstall to a directory that won't conflict.