POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Aug 2008 08:26:50
Message: <48b5480a$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Pffh as I said they're looking for creative numerates and that ain't a
> big pool to pick from.

Perhaps.

> If your only failing is that you don't have C#
> experience, but show an apptitude for picking up programming languages
> they should bite.

It seems there are two kinds of companies. There are companies who want
to hire somebody who is qualified to do this *right now*. And there are
companies who want to hire people who have a proven ability to learn
stuff, so they can *teach* you to do whatever it is.

Obviously, the second group represents my best bet. (I have a
practically *certified* ability to learn stuff! Dijkstra's shunting
algorithm, anyone?)

> Hell show them some Haskell stuff and they might hire
> you just to teach everyone else how to use it.

LOL! Or run away screaming. ;-)

> Just remeber if you get the job I want my finder's fee ;-)

Not... *25* respect points? 0_0

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/