POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* : Re: Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Updates... *sigh*
From: scott
Date: 27 Aug 2008 08:16:13
Message: <48b5458d$1@news.povray.org>
>  (At least here, AFAIK, there exist authorities who do take seriously
> reports of companies using pirated software for their work. For this
> reason basically no respectable company here uses pirated software.)

Same here, and if you want your company to be acreddited to any standard,
you need to demonstrate that you have licenses for all software you are
using.  For this reason I have some background task running on my computer
that keeps a list of all installed programs and reports back to IT...  Any
freeware programs I install I have to send a copy of the license to IT so
they don't get in trouble.