POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Aug 2008 04:38:12
Message: <48b51274$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> know, a while back, I emailed Ryan Giess. (As in, *the* Ryan Giess.)
>> That was a few years ago now. But yesterday, I got an email from him
>> saying he's released a software update! Who'd have thought...
>
> Oh wow, I never realised that the Geiss behind that uber cool WinAmp
> plugin I used to have was the same Geiss that wrote the cascades demo
> for nVidia. Yes, he's cool in my books :-)

Yeah, well apparently he just updated the Giess plugin for WinAmp.
(Nothing major, just removed a few unecessary limitations and so on.) In
his words, "10 years ago I didn't really know much about developing
Windows applications properly".

I was actually writing to him asking about the exact algorithms used in
the WinAmp plugin... I guess he didn't get back to me because he wasn't
working on the code any more. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/