POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: scott
Date: 27 Aug 2008 03:23:24
Message: <48b500ec$1@news.povray.org>
> Of course it's not your fault that you have no respect for software
> developers, it's their own making. The problem with is that academics have
> given away too much for too long,

Also because a lot of computer programmers do it only as a hobby, and as
such they have another source of income so don't mind if they don't get paid
for their hobby work.  But I wonder why it is different for other hobbies
like photography, you would never find some unknown person to do your
wedding for free.  But people are happy to spend *years* writing code and
then give it away for free to unknown people.  Maybe it says more about the
sort of people who program as a hobby.