POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* : Re: Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Updates... *sigh*
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Aug 2008 16:17:29
Message: <48b464d9$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> Tim Nikias wrote:
>> Safe mode et al yield the same black screen, just with "Safe Mode"
>> printed in the corners. Still no Taskbar or Desktop Icons...
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
> You are not alone. A friend of mine has encountered the same problem on
> an Acer. As of this moment in time (don't you just hate that expression)
> we haven't found a solution. Any Win gurus out there?
> TGIRL (Thank $DEITY I Run Linux)
>
> John

Hm, my dad fumbled with it and found: Starting in Safe Mode to get to
the Log In screen, but then hitting "Shutdown" allows a normal mode log
in... But it'll crash when shutting down.

Last update (of course) can't be uninstalled, and we've got no clue what
to do or to change, cause it seems like it won't write a startup
protocol, even when told.

So, still in need of help. I'm debating whether I should bet that the
only fix would be reinstalling...

Regards,
Tim