POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New phone : Re: New phone Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New phone
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Aug 2008 12:59:15
Message: <48b43663$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> In the US this is typically not the case, or hasn't been until recent
> years.

Yeah. When 96%+ of the households are already wired for land lines, it's
pretty cheap to get a land line connection.  Cell phone prices are
coming down because of the competition here, but the whole confusopoly
of pricing is bizarre.

I saw an ad just this morning, describing how you could sign up for a
plan that would let the parents dynamically limit the number of text
messages and minutes the children could have. As in, "you didn't pass
your math test, so you only get 20 minutes of cell phone this month."
The cynical part of me immediately assumed that the phone would continue
to allow calls, and the parents would just get charged overage fees. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)