POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating characters? : Re: Animating characters? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating characters?
From: Chambers
Date: 26 Aug 2008 10:10:38
Message: <48b40ede$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> You may want to add a few more words about what you're trying to
> achieve. Animating good looking human figures with hair, clothes etc. in
> POV-Ray is still tricky, but if you're only after little robots or toon
> characters it can be a lot easier.

I've got a series of 8 - 15 second clips, each containing between 1 and
8 principal characters, and up to several dozen secondary characters.

I could do still poses in Daz, but exporting individual frames for the
entire thing would be cumbersome at best.

> Recently I've been looking at MakeHuman which seems to me to have the
> most future potential. It's an Open Source human modeller with a Python
> API that I'm currently helping to document. Once I've done that, I'm
> interested in exploring the possibilities of developing an API to
> generate POV-Ray meshes and poses directly (still early days).

I remember hearing about MakeHuman before; I'll take another look at it.

...Chambers