POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Aug 2008 10:04:49
Message: <48b40d81$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

>> ...so they won't be remotely interested in me then?
>
> I would think that Haskell would be quite suited to some of their problems.

Hmm. Interesting. The careers advisor I was speaking to when Phil posted
this actually suggested that I look at "financial abstraction" as a
potential target area. He said that large financial companies often
employ people for developing complex financial models, and although it's
not "programming" as such, it involves those kinds of skills.

But then, this same guy also suggested I look into programming computer
games - especially since those jobs aren't all in London.

Because, you know, it's not as if every computer nerd on Earth wants to
go into games programming or anything like that, is it? ._.

Anyway, looking at the actual vacancies at Paragon, it seems all of them
want "demonstratable experience" with C#, which I obviously don't have.
(I can see one job who's wording is sufficiently ambiguous that it might
be construed as meaning you only need experience with Excel or SQL -
which obviously I have.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/