POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:54:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Aug 2008 05:07:48
Message: <48b3c7e4$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Where I come from, you don't use any numbers in a maths degree :-)

Heh. It wasn't until I left school that I realised that maths isn't just
arithmetic.

But then, at my school, maths lessions consisted of working through
those huge double-sided sheets of long division problems. I mean, sure,
you need to know how to calculate stuff. But practising the same kind of
calculation, over and over again, for hours on end, for an entire 6
years of my life... seems... like overkill.

Needless to say, it was extremely boring. It wasn't until I reached
college that I discovered the far more interesting concept of "algebra". ;-)

> Seriously though, I think that wording means that they don't require any
> specific subject, just that it's vaguely technical (maths, engineering,
> physics, computer science, etc).

I was hoping that's what it meant.

> And the longer since you graduated,
> the more interested I suspect they will be about what you have done
> recently.

...so they won't be remotely interested in me then?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/