POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to crash povray? : Re: How to crash povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to crash povray?
From: Alain
Date: 25 Aug 2008 13:30:55
Message: <48b2ec4f$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn nous illumina en ce 2008-08-22 23:11 -->
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be much easier to do this:
>>
>> #if(condition)
>>   #include "TheActualSceneFile.pov"
>> #end
>>

> I'm randomly exploring fractal space, and only want images if they are
> interesting based on the condition in #if().  But maybe the best way in all of
> this is a while loop that goes back to find another random location in the
> pattern if the chosen location isn't interesting enough.

When randomly exploring a fractal, it's very hard to detect if a given
"location" is interesting before you actualy render that location. Your test may
flag a marvalous location as uninteresting and skip it, and then render 100 of
extremely boring ones accidentaly flaged as "interesting"...

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you tell stories to your kids that