POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Subject: Stupid Windows Movie Maker (and TMPGEnc) question : Re: Subject: Stupid Windows Movie Maker (and TMPGEnc) question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subject: Stupid Windows Movie Maker (and TMPGEnc) question
From: scott
Date: 25 Aug 2008 02:53:56
Message: <48b25704$1@news.povray.org>
> Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I was wondering which codices are the
> better
> ones and which ones to avoid, for the windows platform.

I use the h264 codec for high qualitiy high resolution videos from POV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

For Windows (and other OSs I guess) you can use a free program called x264
to make them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X264

Or, if you don't like fiddling around with command line options (and there
are *a lot* for encoders like this) there are plenty of GUIs around.  I
often use xvid4psp as it contains built-in profiles for making h264 videos
compatible with things like the PS3, xbox, PSP etc (it can be fiddly trying
to find out exactly which command line options are needed to make a video
file compatible with these devices).