POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strange GPU : Re: Strange GPU Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange GPU
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Aug 2008 09:26:01
Message: <48b00fe9$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Apparently the nVidia control panel no longer tells you your GPU
>>> temperature; you have to download and install an additional tool.
>>> Anyway, having just stopped using the GPU, the temperature was

>> Try showing the temperature in parallel with running the GPU (eg 3D
>> game in a window), IIRC when I did those sorts of tests before, the
>> GPU temperature dropped rapidly very quickly (eg 10-15 degrees in just
>> a second after exiting a game).

OK, I was just playing TF2 and noticed a few stray polygons. (I.e., the
driver update hasn't fixed this.) When I quit the game, I opened up the

Next time I play TF2, I must remember to open the monitor *first*. ;-)

I wonder why it gets so much hotter running a real game (which is
optimised to run smoothly) than running a stress test (which is designed
to use up as much GPU resources as possible)...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/