POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : povray vs. blender: blender doesn't do booleans w/ heightfields well. : Re: povray vs. blender: blender doesn't do booleans w/ heightfieldswell. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray vs. blender: blender doesn't do booleans w/ heightfieldswell.
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Aug 2008 16:57:01
Message: <48add69d@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> So, logical conclusion is... POV-Ray ROCKS!

For most things, yes, it does :)

Blender is becoming a more capable all-around modeler/renderer, and is
useful for things in which POV-Ray is weak at doing. Blurred
reflection/refractions, hair, AO, cloth, those sorts of things. It still
can't do radiosity, but it's really only a matter of time.

POV-Ray will always be a unique and useful tool in my toolbox. You can
script with it, after all. Scripting opens the door to almost anything,
and the more more features added to POV, the more freedom one has with
scripting.... (I suddenly drag myself off my soap box)

Sam