POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Recording internet radio as MP3 : Re: Recording internet radio as MP3 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:09:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recording internet radio as MP3
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 20 Aug 2008 19:30:56
Message: <48aca930$1@news.povray.org>
Reuben Pearse wrote:
> What would be the best way to record an internet radio station? Ideally
> I would like to schedule my PC to record the radio station at certain
> times of the day, and have the recording automatically converted to MP3's
>
> A Windows or Linux solution is fine as I have both on my PC (dual boot
> XP/Ubuntu)
>
> Any suggestions welcome. I always appreciate the knowledge shared by
> this group.

	I'll second the mplayer suggestion. (Well, he said mencoder, but why
fuss over details<G>).

If mplayer can play the streaming, it can save it.

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile filename mrl...

	For years, I've been recording a radio show that broadcasts once a
week. Rarely listen to it, but I like to have them handy in case I'm
going on any long driving trips.

--
Kotter: "Have you ever considered becoming a vet?"
Epstein: "Uh...Uh no. My brother Sanchez was in the army. Didn't like it

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl