POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Saw a weird C++ construct I'm not sure I understand... : Re: Saw a weird C++ construct I'm not sure I understand... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saw a weird C++ construct I'm not sure I understand...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Aug 2008 18:58:50
Message: <48aca1aa$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   This starts being slightly advanced C++, and thus not for the feint
> of heart.

Do you know of a good tutorial that talks about (in relatively simple
language, i.e. not the official standard) where the constructor,
destructor, assignment operator, and copy constructor are called?
Something specific and concrete, rather than "here's how you write one"?

Basically, if I understand the rules of a language, it's usually easy
for me to understand how to use it. If you tell me only how to use it, I
usually have a hard time deducing the rules in complex cases.

Is there a list of "here's where we insert invisible invocations of
instance methods" kind of thing around that you know of?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)