POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Colour consoles : Colour consoles Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Colour consoles
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 09:08:38
Message: <48ac1756$1@news.povray.org>
You *know* something's wrong when you find yourself envying people who
use Unix because it can emulate an obsolete VT100... o_O

Basically, I have a perfectly working console application, but I wish I
could just make certain parts of its output come out in a different
colour. On Unix, this would be a fairly trivial matter of writing some
escape codes to stdout and you're done. On Windoze... well that doesn't
work.

I wonder... Is there some function call in the Win32 API that can
actually change the colour of the text in a console window? Or is that
impossible? Does anybody here know the Win32 API well enough to know the
answer?

(Certainly the "color" command changes the colours of the console window
- but it changes the colour of *everything*. I don't know if you can
change just some of the text, rather than all of it...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/