POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh good... : Re: Oh good... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh good...
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 08:58:12
Message: <48ac14e4$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Must admit I never tried that, I was more interested in what happened
> when the fan was lit by only a CRT in a dark room.

That's tame; try holding a 250 Hz tuning fork up to a CRT. Hint: it
makes a difference whether you hold it vertically or horizontally. ;-)

The thing the cat is demonstrating is that if you talk into a set of
spinning fan blades, you get a weird kind of phase shift effect as the
sound reflects off each fan blade. (There's probably a Dopler shift in
there too.) It's really quite neat. Makes a very stroby sound.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/