POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Widor's toccata : Re: Widor's toccata Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Widor's toccata
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 04:04:41
Message: <48abd019$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:

> Being an organ piece explains the "third hand".  Organs have a foot
> pedal keyboard for bass notes.  That is the third line that Andy can't
> play.

Thank God the bassline is pretty simple...!

> There's a Gershwin Prelude that I learnt to play once, that is also full
> of 10th intervals - typically C#-to-E.  As Halbert said, if your hand is
> too small for the interval (as mine is) roll across the two notes from
> low to high.  With a lot of parctice on long intervals, your hand will
> eventually stretch further than it can now.

This thing has an interval from C to E. Specifically, it has this part
that goes

Eb G Bb Db
D G Bb D
C G Bb E

On reaching the final chord, my hand was in pain! >_< I mean, it
*sounds* amazing, but a 10th interval with a black note in the middle? Ouch.

I mean, I *can* play it, but it's not very comfortable.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/