POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Widor's toccata : Re: Widor's toccata Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Widor's toccata
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 03:56:12
Message: <48abce1c$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Given that the toccata was composed in 1879 I think it has long ago
> passed into public domain, even if we take into account the Mickey Mouse
> Protection Act in the US.

I'm confident that the music itself is in the public domain now.
However, I was under the impression that a particular publication of it
can still claim copyright. As in, a publisher can publish the score and
charge you money for it, and if you photocopy the book, that's illegal.

(Also... I'm impressed you happened to know it was 1879.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/