POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Widor's toccata : Re: Widor's toccata Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Widor's toccata
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 19 Aug 2008 17:52:28
Message: <48ab409c@news.povray.org>
"Halbert" <hal### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> "Halbert" <hal### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>> Or, are you required to use the sostenuto pedal on that passage?
>>

>> --

> Answering my own question: Duh, it's an organ piece! ( Organs do not have
> sostenudo pedals.)

Being an organ piece explains the "third hand".  Organs have a foot pedal
keyboard for bass notes.  That is the third line that Andy can't play.

There's a Gershwin Prelude that I learnt to play once, that is also full of
10th intervals - typically C#-to-E.  As Halbert said, if your hand is too
small for the interval (as mine is) roll across the two notes from low to
high.  With a lot of parctice on long intervals, your hand will eventually
stretch further than it can now.

Brian