POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager : Re: This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Aug 2008 11:55:17
Message: <48aaece5$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>>     Here I lose you, just as Darren did. I can only repeat what he
>> said: Your reasoning is valid only if you consider needing a package
>> manager a flaw.
>
> Why mention, at all, the lack of a given feature unless one considers
> that lack to be a flaw?

Because someone earlier had mentioned the lack of a package manager as a
flaw. I was pointing out that neither lack nor presence of a package
manager is a flaw.

Here's an idea: don't argue with the person making the statement when
they tell you what they intended the statement to mean. Feel free to
misinterpret the statement when it's poorly worded, but when
clarification is forthcoming, to insist that your interpretation of what
the person meant to say is somehow more accurate than what the speaker
intended to say is counterproductive.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)