POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle curiosity : Re: Idle curiosity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle curiosity
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Aug 2008 04:32:00
Message: <48aa8500$1@news.povray.org>
>> Really? I thought it was 4.5V - 5.5V for logic 1...
>
> http://www.twysted-pair.com/74xx.htm

OK, that's interesting. Wikipedia claims

"All standardized common TTL circuits operate with a 5-volt power
supply. A TTL input signal is defined as "low" when between 0 V and 0.8
V with respect to the ground terminal, and "high" when between 2.2 V and
5 V.[8]"

And yet, note [8] refers to the link above, which contradicts that
statement. I'm confused...

> Note that the output from one chip can actually only drive 10 inputs, I
> thought it was much higher than this but maybe I was remembering some
> other chip series.

Well, I'm unlikely to reach even that number...

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Z
>
> Yes, exactly. Did you read the 2nd paragraph there? ;-)

Damnit, the whole *point* of digital electronics is to obviate the need
for resisters and complex stuff like that. A digital circuit should just
be an arrangement of logic gates, and nothing else! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/