POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager : Re: This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Aug 2008 13:40:37
Message: <48a9b415@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>> and it fails because it does exactly that?
>
> No. It succeeds if it does exactly that. I didn't say "fail" anywhere.
> If you're referring to the blog post calling it a "fail", well, I think
> you've missed his point.
>
>> could. Maybe he should really be complaining about how these 'long
>> use, stable libraries' keep having updates. Why won't those developers
>> just leave it alone!

(I hate RDP not always catching the key-up. :-)

Yes, I suspect the "long use stable libraries" shouldn't be adding
important features. If you have features in 2.10 that you can't possibly
get away without using, then I wouldn't call 2.6 the "long use stable
libraries."  But that's just terminology.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)