POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : INI on Vista : Re: INI on Vista Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INI on Vista
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Aug 2008 11:38:51
Message: <48a9978b$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Hi Wes, Vista has problems with ini files in the Program files directory

Wouldn't it be better to fix this in the 3.7 beta rather than do the
Wrong Thing during installation?  I haven't looked at the source, but it
would seem that putting the .ini files in the user-specific directories
(i.e., under My Documents) would be easier than telling every user of
Vista and POV-Ray how to get around this sort of problem.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)