POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle curiosity : Re: Idle curiosity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle curiosity
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Aug 2008 10:56:49
Message: <48a98db1@news.povray.org>
>> 50 amps? Shouldn't that tend to cause wires to melt and so forth?
>
> That was the total current supplied from the PS but there were lots of cards
> taking significantly less current. IIRC TTL uses about 50 m.a. per chip. And the
> wires won't melt if they are rated for it.

Well, 30A wire is so thick that you have to bend it with pliars and a
hammer. I'd hate to think what 50A wire is like! o_O

>> Hey, isn't CMOS that stuff that breaks if you get static on it?
>
> Yes, at one time I worked for Motorola and had unlimited supply of the stuff :)

OK. So I think I'm building my device using TTL, just so I don't *break*
the thing before it's finished. :-S

(You know, Maplin used to sell practically the entire 7400 range. Now it
seems they only sell 6 models. Also, the 7400 used to be 21.62p. It's

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/